Friday, April 27, 2007

decisions.

those of you who know me well, know i can be horribly indecisive.
a good example of this would be when it's time to choose a paint color.

in january i started renovating our dining room. the renovations involved tearing down wallpaper, wiping down the walls, spackling and sanding. and, i'm proud to say that i think the walls are ready to be primed and painted {i may have to do one more wall-washing.}

so, onto the fun part, right?

not so fast. there's the paint color. i'm down to two...i think.

i'm really into benjamin moore paint color lately. i don't know why. it might be that i'm completely smitten with the town where the closest benjamin moore store to me can be found.

in any case...i'm trying to choose between barley and cornsilk. barley was featured in pottery barn during fall 2006. cornsilk during spring 2007. i often use the catalogs as inspiration...the colors have such a clean, fresh look. the dining room gets a decent amount of light, especially in the afternoon...so i don't want it to be exceedingly bright. any thoughts...anyone? {i realize the picture isn't the best...sorry...!}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicki I have barley on my walls...a similar colour and it opened up my house completely....we have an open plan house with cathederal ceilings and french doors.......I think living in australia is very out doorsie it makes the house very warm and inviting and makes it all look that much bigger and brighter I also have a red feature wall . when the kids mark the walls it just washes of which is another really good thing. I think the colour is beautiful!!!Good luck sweetie!!
nicole irvin

Anonymous said...

Hi
It's been my experience that the colors come out much lighter than you expect on the walls, maybe that can influence your decision.
:)

miss morgan... said...

i like the cornsilk if you are worried about it being too bright in broad daylight. it's not like it would get too dark either y'know?!

Jillian Marie said...

Not sure why, but I am partial to the barley from the photo. Although, I have found that anytime I have painted in the past, it never fails, I always wish I had gone a shade darker.... "anonymous" is right on there. Have you tried purchasing the quart size to test the different colors next to each other on the walls....helps to get a better idea???

Whatever you do, good luck. Be sure to let us know what you decide. xoJ