Wednesday, May 2, 2007

pretty.

wow. i can't believe that, for the 2 hours of toiling at the computer last week to figure out the blog banner thing, it took me less than an hour tonight to slam it all together. maybe i work better at this stuff at night, when i'm tired. hmmm.

learning PSE definitely takes some work and i'd like to practice some more at some point, but i'm happy with doing the basics for right now, this evening, and...yippee! i've got a new banner!

my creative outlet may not be digital layouts and banners...yet...but, when it comes to, say, baking...i feel my creativity flow big time and i can whip out some kind of confectionary delight from a complicated recipe or from the top of my head, like these yummy cupcakes...



i'm very into cupcakes lately. they're cute...and sweet {no pun intended}. you can decorate them in so many ways. it's like the perfect portion of dessert. and...i love icing...so much. i love to make a little extra and pile some extra height to the tops of my cupcakes. these were made with no recipe. just felt inspired by the prettiness of spring...and, they taste pretty yummy too!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

and they were DELICIOUS too!
:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new banner! It's lovely. :)

The cupcakes do look yummy.
Too bad you don't live next door to me. lol

Cathy Pascual said...

beautiful banner!
and those cupcakes looks sooooo yummy.

Unknown said...

What an accomplishment on your banner! Very Nice! I haven't figured that whole thing out yet...I'm waiting for the patients to sit down and figure it out. I can barely PS my photos right now, but I know I have to get working on my banner! And the cupcakes...can I have some? No...I just started WW. Gotta be good!!

Anne Thompson said...

Oh no! I can't see it yet. I'll check back later. But good job on figuring it out. I haven't even tried yet, because I am utterly hopeless at that kind of thing! Okay, and the cupcakes look fabulous! I wish I could have a cup of tea and a cupcake with you! Also, on your last post I love Cornsilk! our whole house is painted in Benjamin Moore colors, their paint is like butta! I'd love to see pics of the finished product!

Anne Thompson said...

I see it now! Looks great!

Angie said...

Beautiful banner and I love the font too!

Oh yummy, those cupcakes sooo good!

Jillian Marie said...

Super cute new banner....Yay!!!

The cupcakes look divine, you are sooo good!

Could the little anonymous happy face lurking around here be your hubs Jim??? ;)...just a hunch?

xoJ

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look divine I wish I could reaxh right in and help myself!!LOL.New you'd get your banner working!!!!!!What paint did you decide on?My toes still sore actually my sister ran over it with her pram and took half the nail off with it!!LOL!!Thanks for your concern over my toes!!!!LOL!!!!!You make me laugh!!
hugs nicole irvin

Shelly Brewer said...

gorgeous banner..and Yum..i so want those cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

those cupcakes look so yummy!!
loving the new banner too! :)
hope you are well!

Samantha said...

Those cupcakes look DELISH! I miss you bringing that stuff into work (although my hips probably don't - LOL!). Congrats on the banner... It's great!