Monday, April 9, 2007

frozen eggs.

i hope everyone had a wonderful weekend {even if you don't celebrate Easter!}.

if the Easter bunny came through our area, he would've frozen his little cottontail off. it was mighty cold this weekend and left me wondering...where is spring?
all the signs are there...budding trees...daffodils...hyacinths...blooming cherries, plums, dogwoods & magnolias...but, now many of these pretties are bitterly clinging on as the chilly winds bring a reminder that winter did not end very long ago. ironically, it was colder on Easter than it was here on Christmas day. and, there were plenty of snow showers here on saturday and sunday. guess it's a good thing i left a few sweaters folded up in the closet...

despite the cold temps, we had a very nice Easter. we have made it a tradition to join in on the Easter festivities at my husband's aunt's home. she throws a ridiculously delicious brunch full of rich foods that i can't even being to describe. {my personal favorite is the mouth-watering french toast she makes with thick slices of sweet, raisin bread...yummy!}. we have such a great time visiting with family...

we had a little trouble getting our daughter to adjust to the crowd yesterday. hubby's aunt lives in a small cape cod...and everyone arrived at the same time, so it was a bit of an overload. but...she eventually warmed up and was playing with plastic eggs in no time. the easter egg hunt...well, it didn't last too long. like i said...it has been pretty cold here! so...no outdoor pictures of the Easter egg hunt...{i'm so upset by this too...my daughter was still in shell-shock over the number of people at Easter brunch and wasn't too into the egg hunt at that point}.

on monday i went through a bit of de-tox from sunday's sumptuous foods. water...plenty of water...and light on everything. was it worth it? absolutely. and, that's why that type of brunch only comes once a year.

did i mention how much i adore my daughter's Easter dress? pretty shades of green and pink blended into a fun, summery plaid. we actually bought it last year, on sale, from janie and jack...we don't shop there normally as the prices are a bit steep...but we timed it right last year, saw the dress and picked it up for her with the intent that she wear it this summer. when i started going through her closet a few weeks ago, packing away clothing she had outgrown and getting her springy stuff out, i saw the dress and didn't think one second about using it for Easter until my hubby mentioned it to me. perfect! i love the fact that i know she'll be able to wear it again too...that's such a bonus.

i confess we forgot to bring our camera with us yesterday. so, i snapped some pictures when we came home. my daughter isn't one to stay still {like her mommy}, but i did my best.







i really didn't want to cut my daughter's hair, but i'm thinking she may need bangs. barrettes aren't working anymore and she's too active to keep them in {as well as mischievious...she gives me this wicked smile and pulls them out right afterward}. i know i'm going to cry when she does get her hair cut...

on a completely unrelated note, i'm off this afternoon to go picking through garbage.

yes...i do this for pure, unaldulterated fun.

*ah-hem*

seriously though...i'm pretty sure my daughter threw out a piece of her toy {she's fascinated with the garbage and the concept of throwing things in there without fully grasping that once it's in there, it's meant to stay...}.

so, i'm going to go pull on some plastic gloves and hold my breath.

i'd rather be running...

hope you have a great week!

and, p.s., another CTMH peakie for you below:





5 comments:

Angie said...

I'm sad to say it but it's my fault spring isn't here yet. My hubby noticed yeserday that we still have our winter garden flag up. It must be changed or spring will never get here.

That dress is so cute! Even with the cold weather, it sounds like you had a nice time. Mmmmm, french toast!

Cathy Pascual said...

pretty dress!
my sofi doesn't wear barrettes easily either. I did find some very teeny tiny claw clips that seem to work. and she doesn't even know she's wearing them!

and love the scrappy goodness :)

Anonymous said...

Love the dress & her little piggies. :)

I know about frozen eggs.
It snowed late Saturday night so Easter morning was less than ideal.
Good thing we were inside playing in the pool.

As I type this, it is snowin' & blowin' outside.
There's a winter storm advisory on.
Sheesh!

Lynn said...

hi Nicole, love your blog! And Thanks for the comment on mine! The swirl on the top of that layout is from making memories, foam stamps...( hope thats the right one you were looking at!) Thanks again Have a great day!

Jillian Marie said...

Hello my dear! Amelia is so precious, and I hear ya on the first hair cut thing...I can't bear the thought yet! Hehe, I was laughing at the garbage thing, just yesterday I noticed my retainer was missing, low and behold I found it in the bathroom garbage, ick!

Old man winter--go away, please send Nicole warm sunny days, she'd like to wear flip flops and sun dresses already!!

CTMH yummy!!
xo