Saturday, January 27, 2007

love & adore

okay, okay...so, here is my newest layout, using the picture i mentioned in a post earlier this week.

my layouts are really simple at this point. i'm working on mixing more paper, but i find i like really simple and clean looking layouts, in general. it's freestyle and it's the one i always keep coming back to. maybe that'll change. i'm really a newbie with PSE, so if anyone can give me any pointers to where to take pictures of your layouts and against what kind of backdrop to get better results, i'd appreciate the tip{s}.

so, here it is...



most of the materials are from the PI january kit...minus the cardstock layering the gold ric rac and the fibers i threaded through the stamp {which are from basic grey's blush line...love basic grey...}. journaling reads, "i love and adore your wide-eyed expressions - it's the look of pure sweetness. love, mommy. amelia ~ 9 months. may 2006."

funny, when i first saw this paper in the store, i knew i wanted to exacto out some of these awesome branches...and then it was in january's PI kit!

well, it's my first posted layout. might not seem like a major accomplishment, but it's a big one to me...especially, since i don't have a ton of fancy equipment at home.

thanks for looking. =)

i'll be posting 6 quirky & weird things about me later...

7 comments:

susannah said...

Conrats! It looks great! Your little one's a cutie!

Jillian Marie said...

Wow, this is just beautiful!!!! I usually just photograph my LO's, sometimes outside, sometimes inside by a window with great light, Crop and voila! I too cut out the branch with the birdie, it's been sitting on my island since. Am stumped abt it, and have to say I completely lOVE what you did with it!!

Sarah Rice said...

this is a beautiful layout! Your little one is so cute.

Jessica said...

am@hotmail.comThis looks great! I love how you cut out the branches.
Natural light is best to photograph your layouts. I usually use a peice of white posterboard behind as a backdrop and stand directlyover the layout. Closeups are fun too- esp taken on an angle.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the layout, Nicole! the BG paper is beautiful cut out that way!

Cathy Pascual said...

gorgeous layout!
love the cut outs of the branches and birdie :)

Anonymous said...

Nik, great job on the page! And I love that picture. One of these days, we'll scrap together again!