Friday, January 5, 2007

here goes.....

{hi, welcome & happy new year.}

geez. i have no idea where to begin. i am posting my very first blog "blip" after spending an hour tearing wallpaper down in my dining room. i am now enjoying the little bit of "down time" i have left be for my daughter wakes up from her much needed afternoon nap.
so, why did i start my blog?
this is a question i have been asking myself lately, as, by no means, do i have the time to kill and was eagerly looking for something else to do.
but.....i guess i am eagerly looking for ways to branch out in 2007.....creative ways.....
i started my new years with a new goal {oh, okay, resolution....} to complete one scrapbook page every 1-2 weeks and have been doing just that {haha, with only 2 weeks into the new year.....i'll pat myself on the back for lasting this long.......}.
seriously, i've been feeling a little left behind in the creative realm. i spent enough of 2006 poking around, visiting other blogs, seeing super-fantastic talent everywhere.....and i would actually like to be a part of it all.
so, i want to be more creative. that's my goal.....er......resolution for this year.
i'm getting off to a slow start, but i'm starting.....
...with renovating the dining room {and committing to a color i want to paint it}.
...with finishing a LO last weekend and starting plans for my next.
...and with posting my first blog.
not much, but a start.
see, i have this fear that my daughter will know more about computers and technology and have more digital where-with-all by the age of 10 then i will have now at 28. i marvel at how much people know in this area.
now that i've done a couple of little, creative things, i want to pick it up a bit. try photoshop. embellish. so, as i do these things and others, i'll be posting them and sharing...hoping i can inspire others like i've been inspired by so many...and hoping that a year later i can look back and say - "wow.....look what i can do now...."
{n}

2 comments:

Jillian Marie said...

Hi Nicole!!! So glad you have joined the fantastic world of blogging, I look forward to keeping up with your latest adventures!

Many wishes for a wonderful and Happy New Year, cheers to 2007!!!

XO Jillian

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweet Nicki! What a fun person you are! I too strive to be a "Domestic Goddess" but I fear I have a long way to go! Sure wish I had enough Monopoly Money to purchase more free time so I could allow my creativity to be released, but the kids won't have that, so for now, it's the routine ickies...except for our late night outings to Borders!
:) Lauren