Friday, January 26, 2007

frigid.

i just went outside to get the mail and almost froze my tookus off. holy moly! it's about 23 degrees and really windy. i guess after walking around for the past month, marveling at the 60 degree temps and wondering aloud, "where is winter?", it's finally here.

so happy that i just finished the last bit of wallpapering that will not require the legerdemain of an exacto-knife. which leaves the bottom portion of wallpaper and the wallpaper surrounding the central air controls. i'm hoping that hubs will help with that tomorrow.

okay, so what's with the crazy word and the link to webster's online? i was reading my friend, jillian's, blog and discovered that she, like me, is one for vocabulary and learning new words...this is just the thing i was made fun of for in middle and high school. so, i think i'm going to challenge myself to get back into this habit and work on adding to my vocab. i usually do much better with this when it involves words that have a tangible meaning to something in my life - or something i already know. we'll see how it goes.

i've also started to read more since the new year. something else that fell to the wayside...i used to always, ALWAYS read books...voraciously - one after the other. for some reason it stopped - and this is long before i had a child. i actually just finished a book entitled One True Thing by Anna Quindlen. it was such a well-written, loving, yet sad book. i will have to make a mental note to read more from this author.



hubby is always reading. just like his dad. reads books, reads the paper. always knows what's going on in current events. and, meanwhile, i'd just like to figure out how to tack on about 5 extra hours to my day. ::sigh:: i guess i do a fair bit of reading with my daughter, who just adores her books. so, does that count towards reading more?



well, i'm off. i started working on my new layout of amelia {see yesterday's post} and i'm stumped! i thought i knew where i was going and even sketched out the page. wouldn't you know it? i'm stuck! i exacto-knifed some flowers, branches and the little birdie from basic grey's cherish paper and positioned it around the photo...and now i'm running into creative issues. too hard to describe. i think one of my downfalls is that i don't enjoy the creative process of scrapbooking as much as i should. i hyper-scrutinize everything i do, partly because of the overwhelming talent i see everywhere. so, i really should just take a deep breath, and a step back, and lighten up a bit, right? let's see if it works...

i'll be back later and probably post tomorrow...we have a few things going on this weekend, which i'll talk about later. plus, i've been tagged by jillian to list 6 quirky things about myself. i'm actually going to enlist my husband's help - not that i can't list 6 by myself - but, it'll be more for his amusement and i'm sure to get a good wisecrack or two. =)

2 comments:

Jillian Marie said...

Awww, Bella loves her books too, I don't read myself as much as I should, but because of her love for reading we read together!

Haha--I had to enlist KP's input on my quirks too, he quickly reminded me of several. I narrowed it down to the 6, needless to say we had a good laugh last night!!

Anonymous said...

Are those pj's from Baby Gap, they look familiar, I almost bought them for Ally.
Enjoy the polar weather!
:)
LH