Thursday, January 29, 2009

this is it.

This picture pretty much summarizes winter and snow for us...



The temperature never gets truly cold until sometime in January - though freakish warm fronts have been known to occur this time of year. We never get any, truly, big accumulations. I think the first year we were in our house, we got a few inches of snow. Followed with some ice. And, that was "bad".

Truth be told, I don't mind the snow - but, I like it best around the holidays. But, it isn't until January that we see much - if any - of it; and, at that point, I can do without. When we've hit a third day in a row 0f 20-degree weather, I'm ready to wash my hands clean of the nonsense. Because, at the end of the day, 45-degrees for a daytime high in January isn't bad...and I can always wear my cute, puffer vest. ;-)

I am hoping to take those layout photos tomorrow. The weather promises for some sun {unless there's been a change in forecast from this morning - love that natural light for photos versus a flash!}. I'll hopefully be clicking and uploading away!

2 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

Oh hey, there's some white dust over there under that tree, I think, lol.

If you want the snow, I'm hoping you get the snow. I'd like some. My girls are itching to sled.

:)

Anonymous said...

it's not going to snow this year because I bought snow boots for the kids in Dec!
Lauren