Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy + new

Happy 2009 to all!

The holidays always fly by so quickly. Is it horrible of me to say that I already miss the Christmas music and the happy glow of lights twinkling on the tree? I find this time a year a bit of a struggle. Case-in-point: My daughter cried when we explained to her that the Christmas tree had to come down today. At bedtime she begged, "Please bring my Christmas tree back!" {Although, 4 weeks out from purchasing a real evergreen, it had alread stopped taking in water and was starting to brown, lose needles and sag. How do you explain that to a toddler?}. We tried to explain as best as possible that the tree only stayed inside the house during the holidays; it had to go back outside to live, where it would get water and sunshine so we could bring it back inside next Christmas. Not really sure how convincing our argument was; but, it seemed to appease her - at least for the evening.

The holidays were good. Crazy busy, as most people experience, but good. I know I have fallen off the blogging bandwagon. The last half of the year was jammed with all sorts of good, new things and memorable events as well as some difficult, family passings that made the holidays a little sad this year.

On a more upbeat note, I am hoping, in this new year, to take some time to periodically update the blog - maybe give some new life to its current style. I still haven't figured out to magically tack on five hours to each day, so my blogging goals may be slow-going. I am still debating on making my blog a private one and may ultimately end up doing so.

Well, there will be more debating on that one.

Thanks for dropping by - hope you have a great, new year!

No comments: