Tuesday, May 8, 2007

dress up.

it's not everyday we have a reason to get dressed up. it's usually tees and jeans/shorts around here.

so, when my husband told me we were going to his 15-year high school reunion dinner, i knew, this time, i really had to go out and find something to wear. as you know, dress shopping can be either productive or completely bust, depending on what is in the stores, what you like, what you feel motivated to try on, how expensive, etc.

i found this little combination and i'm happy with the end result:

a sweet little strapless sundress with a fun orange & white mushroom pattern throughout...





and this amazing side-tie jacket that i completely love...



even better...i didn't pay full price for these items.

we will have a late-summer baptism to attend, so i'm thrilled i get to wear this little number more than once this year. {the beauty of the jacket is that i can wear it with anything...it dresses up and down to casual so easily...}.

now...i need to dig through my closet to find a purse and shoes that'll go with it. since i know my husband will read my post, i know how eager he'll be to help me go through my section of the closet and help me put the finishing touches on this outfit. =) {thanks in advance, hon!}. =)

13 comments:

Jillian Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian Marie said...

you are too cute! Adorable outfit, you will look stunning for sure!!!

Happy reunioning!!

*reposted...technical difficulties ;)

Anne Thompson said...

The mushroom pattern is so cute! Love the jacket, it does look versatile!

Sarah Rice said...

omg is that dress CUTE! I love the little mushroomies.

Have fun at the reunion. Its time for my 10 year. I so dont know if Im going.

susannah said...

Love that dress! You need to post some pics of you in it!

jenny ress said...

Adorable!

You will look fabulous in it. :)

Pics, pretty please?

Anonymous said...

Wow nick you'll look million bucks in that little number!!!Have a blast!
hugs nicole irvin

Anonymous said...

great color for you! now I know why you've been running lately!
LH
:)

Unknown said...

darling dress! you'll look smashing, I'm sure!

now get that layout done!! just go with it and hopefully it'll grow on you. That's my mood right now :-) have fun...

Shelly Brewer said...

very, very cool dress.

miss morgan... said...

love that dress and jacket! where is the dress from?

Anonymous said...

sooooo adorable!! the jacket will be perfect with it!
my reunion is this august, so i'll be shopping soon too! :)

Kimber-Leigh said...

love love love that jacket!