Thursday, March 8, 2007

you've got mail.

or i've got mail...
anyway, today was a great mail day. not overly heavy on the junk mail. no bills.
my april issue of bon appetite came in with a lip-smacking photo of a lemon meringue pie gracing the glossy cover. {must read that later...}. AND...and, and, and...
two fun, scrappy packages.
the first was from kelly, who sent me a bunch of scrapbooking goodies i won from her recent RAK drawing.


{unfortunately, the picture does not do the package justice}. thanks, kelly! this RAK was super generous and i look forward to putting these embellies to good use.

i also got my CTMH personal business order in. i plan on using a lot of their new spring items in a few layouts, including some sweet stamps, papers, stickers, ribbons and more. march is stampaganza month - buy 2 stamp sets and get a third free...so, it's a great time to grab a few sets and get some freebies too! awesome stuff. love their font stamps. =)



other stuff...whew! there's been a lot going on, so i haven't had a chance to update my blog with random stuff {until today} or scrapbook much. my husband was traveling last week and, unfortunately, the stomach bug relapsed on my daughter. she was sick friday, throwing up, and then saturday, with a high fever. now, we've got major teething issues going on...her eye-teeth are cutting and she's just miserable...chewing on everything you can name...chairs, her toy stove, stairs {yes, stairs}. i think this has been worse than when the molars were cutting and coming in.

we're running up to my inlaws tonight for dinner to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. i made a 4-layer {they're thin layers} dutch chocolate cake with whipped cream filling, milk chocolate frosting and a crumbly layer of chopped snickers {her favorite candy} to adorn the top. {let me tell you...cutting a cake layer in half is NOT as easy as it looks in the pictures, especially with no skewars to guide you!}.



hope everyone has a great day and hopefully i'll be posting more soon. =)

6 comments:

Cathy Pascual said...

wow you did have a good mail day!!!
I'm hoping to just get some of scrapping mags today!!!

Samantha said...

Yum! That cake looks delish!

--Samantha

Angie said...

I love a good mail day! Hope your little one is feeling better. I hate it when the kids get sick...poor things!
That cake looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

You take great photos of your stuff...ever think about becoming a photographer...and getting paid for it???
LH!

Anne Thompson said...

That mail looks a lot more fun than my mail! The cake looks delish! Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Jillian Marie said...

Ahhh, how did I miss this post.....too busy working and not enough play fo me! I always love scrappy mail-how fun for you! That cake looks so scrumptious, a very talented girly you are!!!