Thursday, March 22, 2007

results.

after some deliberation, i think i'm going with this doormat and this welcome sign:





thanks to all who dropped a note and an opinion. =)

also...some pics of my most recent layout. i thought i'd go outside my comfort zone and do more handwritten journaling, but i'm not sure i am happy with the end result. i don't know if it's because of the color of the journaling or the thickness of the journaling pen i used. ack! anyway...







papers that i used in this layout are the sugar & spice line from CTMH. many of the fun embellies you see here are courtesy of some fun RAKs i've received or swaps i've participated in. when i started this layout, i managed to exacto-knife myself by switching the blade out into the base of my index finger. let me tell you...it REALLY hurt. my finger still hurts a little whenever i bend it or clench my hand. hmmm...not a positive sign, but i'm hoping it heals! {i've gotta be more careful with that thing}.

i'm also starting to think about scrapbooking organization. one of the reasons i love CK magazine is the organizing section by denise pauley. her new book looks interesting. what is your favorite scrapbooking organizing technique?
{or any organizing technique for that matter}.

have a great week!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Wonderful choice for a new doormat and I love the welcome sign too!

Your layout is simply gorgeous! Hmmm, I kinda like the journaling!

Anonymous said...

Great choices -- now we just need to see some photos of your entry once you have it put together. :)

Beautiful layout. So soft & sweet and perfectly girly.

I adore that "Little You" scallopy circle.

Jillian Marie said...

Love the delicate take on this LO, and your journaling is too sweet, great job! I know just what you mean about stepping outside your comfort zone with handwritten journaling, I have to challenge myself also. Careful with the exacto, ouch!! xo

susannah said...

Love the mat, sign, and layout!

Anonymous said...

i love the layout! your journaling looks great! when i first started doing more handwritten journaling it always looked odd to me...definitely takes awhile to get used to it.
love the mat and welcome sign!!

Anne Thompson said...

The doormat is so cool! And I LOVE the handwriting. I don't ever print journaling on my computer anymore, keep it up, the more you do it the more you'll love it! And your kids will love to look at it and see their Mommy's handwriting instead of a computers!! take care, Anne

Sarah Rice said...

Im lovin the doormat!

Such a beautiful layout. So pretty and girly :)