Thursday, February 26, 2009

the truth about bangs...

the other day i mentioned to my husband about needing to get my hair cut. nothing dramatic, but a good, old face-frame since it's getting too long and hanging in my face. he suggested bangs. i looked at him and said, matter-of-factly, "i have a theory about bangs."

it's true.

and it's simple - on me, bangs are better in theory than in actuality. they look perfectly awesome on other people and i think, "bangs would be good. very good. the hair won't hang in my face, it'll look cute with a headband..." and then i get bangs.

and i.hate.them.on.me.

they hang in my face anyway, when i work out. i can't style them right because my hair either frizzes in the summer or flattens completely in the winter. in short: bangs look stupid on me. and my love of bangs goes away instantly. over time, as my hair grows out, i forget how frustrated i get with bangs because, when my hair gets super-long again, i start thinking, "bangs would be a good idea."

NO. no, no, no! they never are.

of course, my husband looked at me like i was insane as i pontificated my theory.

and perhaps i am. but, then again, he knew i had a little crazy in me anyway, when he married me. right, honey?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't be afraid of a little bangs!
:)
Lauren

Emily Pitts said...

i am seriously considering the bang thing. i need to think this through a little more i guess :)